Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My first special order!


I haven't had a lot to put up in the last week because I've been working hard on my most ambitious project yet. Elis is a photographer (check out her blog here), and asked me to make her a piece based on her baby, a Pentax K1000. I've mostly been making stuff based on alive things, so it was interesting and challenging to try something inanimate. 






I got to try some really cool techniques to make the lens and view finder, and I love how they turned out. I used translucent clay and brushed it with pastels. After I baked it, I just coated those pieces with the polyacrylic, so they are the only shiny pieces on the camera. I think they really look like glass! 


 I also got to play with my packaging materials, since this is my first "sold" piece. I made a box out of card stock and printed my rudimentary logo on it. I'd like to make the logo a little fancier, but I ran out of time. I'm excited to work on creating an image for BotanyBoeh that can tie my packaging, Etsy shop and this blog all together. Stay tuned though, it might take me a while! 


1 comment:

  1. The "glass" is impressive! I was fooled until I read how you did it. Any more thoughts on the logo?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...