Saturday, April 9, 2011

Craft Night

I've had some girls over a couple of times now for a craft night. Its been a lot of fun hanging out and creating. Last week we tried Martha's "eggshell flower pots". I had to make an egg bake for to empty the dozen eggs we needed... aw shucks! To empty the eggs, I tapped the top of the egg with a spoon, and then levered the top of the egg off. I used a number of different bowls so that I didn't get eggshells in the good eggs. We then broke off small pieces of each shell to get a uniform edge.



We spooned soil into each egg. I just used left over potting soil from last year, but a germinating mix would have worked the best.

Filling eggs with soil

For our wedding, Henry and I received a box FULL of seed packets. I'm not sure we ever figured out who they were from (if it was you, Thank You!), so we had lots of flowers to choose from. We planted about 3-5 seeds in each egg, and as they come up, we'll thin them down to reduce crowding.

Picking which seeds to plant

I poked holes in the bottom of my eggs to improve drainage, but I'm not so sure it will help.

Our finished planted eggs! Yay!



In the mean time, Henry baked us a cake! He used up some of the left over fondant that he still had in the freezer from my birthday. The cake is also from scratch! He didn't feel like the production of making butter cream frosting, so he used instant vanilla pudding instead to adhere the fondant to the cake. Yummy! Have I mentioned that I love my husband!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...