Thursday, April 28, 2011

Linda's Box



Linda asked me to make her a present for her husband. He collects wooden boxes, so we thought it would be fun to make a "faux wood" box for him. He loves nature and trees as well, so I was excited to make a spring scene for the top of the box.


The body of the box has a fine wood grain, and is lined with marbled makume gane slabs of clay. The top features molds of crab apple twigs just beginning to leaf, and crab apple blossoms. An Eastern Bluebird perches amongst the twigs.




This was my biggest and most time intensive project yet. I spent hours sanding the outside of the box to get a smooth and satiny feel, and then finished the box with 3 coats of polyacrylic to protect it and make it shiny. 



Would you like a personalized box? Contact me, and I'll make something special for you. 

2 comments:

  1. Did you make a light box to photograph your stuff? Or do you just have a really plain, well lit area in your house that you take pictures in? Just curious.

    Also, I effing loved the box. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, Henry made me/himself a light box. I'll do a post on it so you can see it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...