Friday, April 8, 2011

Etsy

I'm working on getting up the guts to start an Etsy store. I'm still struggling with photography, and I want to make enough material before I jump in. Here are some of the pieces that I've made so far, what do you think?

These pink flower earrings use an origami pattern to create each petal, and are finished with a clear acrylic to protect them and add some shine. They almost have a vintage feel to them, I'm not sure the photos do them justice.


I used the left over clay from Emily's pendant to create these earrings. Instead of the vertical lines of the pendant, these got a little more swirly, and they look even more like stone. 



I love making these Calla lily pendants. They are so simple, but turn out so pretty. I added the clear gloss to this one, and I think it makes it finish nicely. 


3 comments:

  1. Those are all sooooo gorgeous! You've got some serious talent, Kirsten. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: photography, try back-lighting pieces. You can either put parchment on glass and light from underneath, or find some milk-glass or whatever works for the non-shadow effect. May need lighting from above and below. Hope this helps. Like your stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, I really like the pink petal earrings I'm sure people will buy your stuff if you put it on etsy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...