Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wildflowers


 love prairie wildflowers. I grew up with them, and I miss working with them in the summers. I'l also very very ready for spring. I thought I would create a little bit of July to brighten up March with a miniature bouquet of tallgrass prairie forbs. 


The images got a little backlit, so some of the detail is lost, but we have spiderwort (Tradescantia ohiensis), hairbells (Campanula rotundifolia), blackeyed susan (Rudbeckia hirta), butterfly flower (Asclepias tuberosa), and prairie smoke (Geum triflorum) in a faux stoneware jug. The whole arrangement is less than 2 inches tall. There are lots of possibilities for other pieces using the techniques I worked out on this one, so I'm excited to see what else I can come up with. 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! Also, I think you've become the most prolific blogger on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Thanks for the complement, I'm really proud of this one. Yeah, I make a bunch of stuff on the weekend, and then split it into a number of blogs. The goal is to get to the point where I could have enough material to have a new one each day, but we'll see if I can manage that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...