Monday, March 14, 2011

Kitty Toys

Hackey Sack Cat Toy: Great use for scrap yarn
I haven't mentioned much of my knitting on this blog yet, but one of my other addictions is knitting. The crazy cat needed a new toy a while ago, and I thought maybe I should put it up on here. I based the toy on a hackey sack pattern I found, it can be knit in the round, or flat. I did it flat, but it shouldn't matter either way. It's done in garter stitch, and just a cross shape, knit a small square, increase at the start of the next two rows, to make a rectangle the same dimensions of the square, and then decrease back down for one more square. Stitch up the sides, and stuff it with what you will. I put a plastic grocery bag inside, a rattle bell cat toy so that it makes noise when its played with, and a good amount of catnip. I figured it should appeal to all of his senses; crinkly, chewy and intoxicating -perfect cat toy right? As a finishing touch, I crocheted a single chain and attached it to the toy to make a handle, and as an after thought, I stuck the whole thing on a wire to make it dance. 

Its just the perfect size that he can bite it and attack it with all four paws at the same time. The wire lets me make it wiggle, which gets him even more excited. 
Happy and thoroughly entertained cat! Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...