Saturday, March 12, 2011

Owl and Fall Tree

Last weekend I tried my hand at a couple of new techniques. I made this owl using the concept of my applique flowers, but instead of petals, I used slightly larger pieces to create feathers. I really like how the colors turned out.


The second technique I tried, was to create my own push mold for this tree pendant. Basically I used a scrap of clay, and carved out the tree shape. I'm not great at drawing, so the shape didn't turn out perfect, but I think the finished piece works, so I'm satisfied. After I baked the mold, I mixed the colors for my fall background and pressed it into the carved mold. To get the color effect, I lightly mixed reds and golds, and then grated the chunk of clay. Cool huh? To make the tree stand out, I brushed it with soft artists' pastels. 


3 comments:

  1. You are SOOO ridiculously good at this stuff, Kirsten! Everything you make is supercute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...