Monday, May 2, 2011

Our Photography "Studio"

We are still working on getting the photos up to snuff, but I think you'll agree that they are much better than when I started this blog, right? Elis asked what we are using, so I thought I would devote a post to showing off how we've set things up.


The craft table in our spare bedroom has become the photography studio. Henry was procrastinating working on a paper one Saturday while I was at work a few weeks ago, and built this awesome soft box. He found instructions online, and then modified them to make it work for him. It looks a little "rustic" from the back, but I'm pretty impressed by him!



He covered a desk lamp with the same plastic table cloth that he used on the soft box front to add a smaller soft light that can be used to eliminate shadows and back light objects.


A piece of tag board is taped to the wall to make a uniform white background. I use a super super cheap tripod that we found at a dollar store. It does the trick though if I mount the camera on it and put the camera on a 2 second timer. 


I think we did all this for under $20. And that makes me happy!

1 comment:

  1. What do you use for your primary light in the box? Why do use a 2 sec. exposure? How hot is that second lamp? Are you concerned about the heat and the plastic on it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...