Sunday, May 1, 2011

The beginnings of a collection

I may have the opportunity to display my work at Rob's Loki's Clayworks Artstudio and Gallery in Wauwatosa, WI, and so one of the reasons I was so lax in posting last week was I have been trying to produce some pieces to put together a gallery display. Its a slow work in progress, but I thought I'd share with you some of the pieces that I've made so far. If you get a chance to check out Rob's Gallery, do it! He's got some amazing talent there, both of his own work and some other great local artists. 


Mokume gane earrings

Marbled black and white earrings

Octopus magnet.
 I was inspired by this book (which you may have heard about in this awesome Fresh Air interview) to create some sea creatures, and the octopus is what came out!



Sloth Pendant.
I love these, and the one I made for myself is probably my favorite necklace right now. I wear it all the time!


1 comment:

  1. Ooh! I really like those 2 pairs of earrings. Simple yet so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...