Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mother's Day

Keeping up with my theme of being about a week late, here's my Mother's Day Post: 

  I usually don't subscribe to the hallmark holidays, but I wanted to make my mom something nice this year for mother's day. I miss my parents a lot now that we live a state away. My mom is a wonderful person who has been one of my biggest inspiration to be a do-it-yourselfer. My parents are so talented and seem to be able to do or make anything. I made my mom these Calla lilly earrings, and I think they turned out well. I'm really liking this link design that I have been using for my earrings lately. She looks great in them too, don't you think?! Love you Mom!





I tried to use Martha's DIY Pop-Up Mother's Day card to make my own card for Mom (I refuse to buy a card that I can make myself!), but unfortunately my haste and refusal to take care caused the card to be a flop. I colored the petals with pastels, and if I had actually followed the template, it would have turned out pretty cool, but I cut each one out free-hand. They didn't line up then when I tried to assemble the card. I tried again at work later when I had a little more time, and got the pop up to work a little better, so pretend that it looked more like the bottom picture Mom! Its the thought that counts, right? :D




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...