Sunday, November 11, 2012

Shelves for Sheldon



 Well, we finally managed to pull it off, and I think we did rather well! Buying cat furniture is pretty ridiculous, these cat wall shelves cost over $200!! We made ours for just over $30. (2 48" shelf boards for $3.00 a piece, 6 10" 'over/under shelf brackets for $2.30 a piece, screws, and a 12' x 2' piece of indoor/outdoor carpet for $12.45)


Here is the wall to be donated to Sheldon's jungle gym. I've had a quilt my Oma made me hanging here, but the cats were always trying to sharpen their claws on it, and I am glad they won't be damaging it anymore. 


Once we cut the boards to length (2 2@32", 1 @12"), we wrapped them in carpet. To make our lives easier, we hot-glued the carpet to hold it in place, and then tacked it more securely with staples. 


Once we got the first shelf up, we thought we should give it a test. It passed, although this picture doesn't quite show the enthusiasm on his face... 



It works! Its amazing how quickly he figured it out, and then proceeded to sleep on the high shelf the rest of the afternoon. I guess some cats just need to be up high!



2 comments:

  1. I love it!

    Of course, now, when Carissa and I come over, Sheldon will be waiting to pounce on us from above, making him even more terrifying. But that's okay, because he might give me a kiss too, after he tears me to shreds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Great work guys, you're such a great team. I like the moving pictures of Henry leading Sheldon onto the shelf!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...